Monday 27 July 2009

Day off...

Today will most likely be spent doing similar things to yesterday. Which basically means me, sat on my ass, dividing my time between YouTube, Facebook and my Xbox.

Current personal highlights of the World Wide Web include watching endless videos of The David Letterman Show and The Charlie Rose Show on YouTube, which I must say I am very content to do. These men have fantastic jobs, if I could be in their shoes in the future I'd be ecstatic.
I recommend the clip of Joaquin Pheonix on Letterman, a 9 minute interview that is unbearable to watch due to the pure awkwardness that surrounds it, until the end when it is heavily implied that it was all a total act between the two, merely Letterman joking and adding to the increasing mystery behind Pheonix's actor-turned-rapper move: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBoGNBSLYRY ...

Being at home from University is great: my Mum's top cooking, seeing the family, getting to spend time with old friends, planning little excursions and the like. It also gives me a chance to earn pennies with Asda, my workplace whenever I'm at home for a period of time.
As much as I'm bored shitless of working there, some of the colleagues are interesting characters and there's always payday to look forward to. In current rough economic times, I should be thankful to have a job, as I must remember there are other 19 year olds not as fortunate as myself. Makes me sound like a fucking vicar or a teacher.

So today is my day off, and tomorrow isn't. After today there won't be another full day off for another 10 whole days. JOY. So I'm going to enjoy the peace and quiet while it lasts.
Roll on the two episodes of Corrie tonight...

2 comments:

  1. Watching coronation street makes me depressed.. : [

    ReplyDelete
  2. really?! i think its great, proper northern humour. it kind of reminds me of the "carry on" films, in a good way.
    now eastenders, THAT'S depressing. x

    ReplyDelete